Compare car insurance quotes from multiple companies to get the best coverage and the cheapest rates on your auto coverage. You can quickly and easily compare car insurance policies and prices by entering your basic information above. You will be contacted by local agents offering you the best coverage for the lowest cost. Simply compare the plans and choose the one that is right for you. It's that easy!
The best way to ensure you get the most complete coverage at the cheapest rate is to compare car insurance from multiple companies. Comparing car insurance quotes has become fast and simple with free online tools. Just enter your basic information and you'll be one step closer to saving on your car insurance. Shopping around to do a comparison on quotes is the best way to save on your car insurance, but there are many other things you can do to lower your premiums. Here are great ways to save on your car insurance.
Best Ways To Save On Your Car Insurance
1. Compare car insurance. When you shop around to compare car insurance policies and rates, you can quickly and easily save on your auto coverage. This process is even easier with online calculators and quote finders. Get free quotes, compare, choose the coverage that's best for you and save!
2. Be green. Save some green by going green. This starts with shopping for a new vehicle. If you are in the market and actively comparing new automobiles, consider a hybrid. Many auto insurance companies are offering a discount to drivers who choose to drive a hybrid or other fuel-efficient cars, which often cost less to cover than other types of cars. Be sure to compare car insurance rates before you buy.
In addition to the type of auto you drive, you can generally earn a low mileage discount if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year. This can be achieved by living closer to work, school or places you typically need to drive. You can also choose to carpool, take public transportation or combine errands to cut down on drive time. Be sure to ask about these discounts when you compare car insurance quotes from various agents.
The third thing you can do to be more environmentally friendly and save some money while you're at it is to go paperless. Many companies will offer a discount for using online billing, online service options and E-signatures to complete policy forms online. This saves the company money, which is passed on to you, and you get to save some trees. When you compare car insurance quotes, be sure to talk to an agent about these discounts before you make a final decision on what company to buy your coverage from.
3. Be a good student. Whether you are in school or not, you can still be a good student and earn a discount on your auto coverage. If a person looking for auto coverage is in high school or college, they can earn a Good Student Discount by maintaining a B or better grade point average. Most car insurance companies will offer some type of lower rate but require proof of the student's GPA annually.
If you are not in school, you can still take a driver's training class or a defensive driving course. Not all states require Driver's Ed, but may companies will offer teens discounts if they do so for their first few years behind the wheel. For a more mature driver, they can still find a cheaper auto insurance rate by taking a defensive driving course. Many companies will offer discounts for drivers who take a certified driving course. Not only can you earn an initially discount, but you could avoid future incidents with the additional training, which could ultimately lead to even cheaper car insurance rates. Before you enroll in any classes, check with an agent and compare discounts to ensure you get the best deal.
4. The more the merrier...and the cheaper. When you compare car insurance quotes, be sure to talk to the agent about combining policies for the people in your family and your items to be insured. You can get a multi-policy discount when you insure your home, motorcycle or boat with the same company. Additionally, you can insure all the people in your household on one policy and earn a multi-car discount. This also ensures that there is coverage for everyone driving each other's cars.
5. Buy the right vehicle. If you are in the market for a new vehicle, compare cars for more reasons other than what color you like. If you want a cheap car insurance rate, you will look for a sensible vehicle with a lot of safety features. You will want to avoid expensive, flashy, sports cars and go for more sensible autos. The more expensive the vehicle, the more it will cost to insure. The flasher, you could be more likely you are to be targeted for tickets. You also do not want a car that is targeted by thieves, because you will pay more for comprehensive coverage. When you compare different cars, also look for safety features. Many companies will offer a cheap auto insurance rate for safety features such as anti-lock breaks, airbags, anti-theft devices and others. If you just can't resists the hot sports car, be sure to look into a higher deductible to manage rates. When you have narrowed it down to a few choices between vehicles, you can also get free quotes for each car from competing agents so you can compare car insurance quotes. This may help you decide on a vehicle and a auto insurance company.
6. Choose the right amount of coverage. You need to evaluate your specific needs so you can choose the right amount of auto coverage. You don't want to have excessively high premiums paying for items you don't need but you don't want to skimp on coverage you do need. The best way to find out what level of coverage is right for you is to get quotes from multiple agents from competing companies. Compare the car insurance policies and rates then choose the one that is right for you.
If your car is 8 to 10 years old, it might be a wise choice to "self-insure" it rather than paying high premiums for comprehensive and collision coverage. If you are paying more for comprehensive and collision coverage over the years than you car is worth, it might be a good idea to drop this coverage and put the savings into a savings account to be used IF you have an accident. In this situation, you need to compare the trade-offs, because you will have to pay to fix your vehicle if it is in an accident. This is a decision that must be made carefully as you consider your specific situation.
If you feel it is too risky to drop your comprehensive and collision coverage, you can still save on your premiums by raising your deductible. You can switch to a $500 or $1,000 deductible and save as much as 15% to 20% on your comprehensive and collision coverage. This is especially true for vehicles less than five years old. Although these saving sounds great, you must remember that if you are in an accident, you must pay the deductible out of pocket before your insurance will kick in. If you can not handle your deductible amount, than this may not be the best way for you to save on your car insurance. You can consider the other ways to save, which may be better for you. When you compare car insurance policies and rates, be sure to ask how much you will save by increasing your deductible. You can stash away your savings in a "just in case I need to pay for a deductible" fund.
When you compare car insurance quotes, you will find that you can save money by dropping some coverage. However, you may find picking up additional coverage could save you more in the future. One type of car insurance coverage you must consider and compare quotes for is Uninsured Motorist coverage. Uninsured Motorist coverage is a type of coverage that will protect you from drivers without insurance. If you are in an accident with an uninsured or under-insured motorists, you could face high unexpected costs. If you need medical attention and your vehicle replaced, but you can not get money from the uninsured person at fault for the accident, you may have to pay out of pocket. You can sue the uninsured motorist, but this can take several years and the chances of recouping your funds could be impossible. Compare rates for this important piece of car insurance when you talk to an agent.
7. Pay small claims out of pocket. You are obviously shopping around and want to compare car insurance policies so your losses will be covered if you ever need to file a claim. However, if you do have a low cost incident in which you could file a claim, you can save money by paying out of pocket. This is often a cheaper option than getting a rate increase in the future. Additionally, you may not get the cheap car insurance rates you want when you compare car insurance companies if they see a long list of small claims when coming up with a quote for you.
8. Compare and pay at the right time. First of all, do not let your car insurance policy lapse. In some states, this is illegal. You could also have to pay 25% more for a new policy when you are ready to buy one. When you do compare car insurance rates, you can choose to go with a new company for coverage or stick with your current company. Either way, it could be a win - win for you. If you shop early and renew early, this can add to your discounts, if you compare more than two weeks before your renewal date. If after you compare car insurance rates you decide to switch companies, you could be offered a transfer discount. If you compare and your current company decides to offer you discounts to stay with the same company, they could offer an early renewal discount on top of any others to keep your business.
In addition to comparing policies and rates, you can also pay at the right time. If you pay for a full year or six months at a time rather than paying your premium each month, you could receive a discount. This could save you from any premium hikes as well. If you use automatic payments or online payments, you could also get cheaper rates.
9. Watch your speedometer. Do not speed excessively. Traffic tickets will increase your car insurance rates by hundreds of dollars a year. This will stay on your record for at least 3 years. So, you will not only have to pay the original fine for the speeding ticket or other traffic violation, but you will also have to pay for higher premiums for many years to come. When you get quotes and compare car insurance rates, be up front about any traffic violations you may have so you can get accurate quotes. This way, you can better choose the quote that is right for you when you are comparing different rates.
10. Be responsible. There are a few signs of responsibility and maturity that can lower your car insurance rates. When you compare car insurance rates, be sure to talk to agents about these factors if you think they can help you obtain a cheap quote. First, maintain good credit. Having good credit will allow you to save money in many areas of your life, such as credit card rates and loan rates. But the savings do not stop there. You can also save on your car insurance. This shows that you are mature, responsible and that paying your bills on time is a priority in your life. If auto coverage companies can count on this maturity and responsibility to carry over to when you are behind the wheel and they know you will pay your premiums on time, they are likely to give you cheaper car insurance rates.
Owning a home can also be a sign of maturity. If you do own a home, be sure to tell the agent when you compare car insurance policies and rates. Many companies will offer a 5% to 10% discount even if you do not insure your home with that particular company. It is simply a sign of stability. So is getting married. Obviously, you do not want to get married to lower your car insurance rates. However, if you are married, mentioned this while you compare car insurance rates. Rates for couples are lower when they are on the same policy and it is also a sign of maturity and stability. Be sure to compare rates from your current auto insurance companies before you merge policies and decide on one. Also, get online quotes from multiple agents and compare rates before you choose a car insurance policy. If you own a home or other items that need to be insured, be sure to ask about additional discounts if you combine your policies.
Compare Car Insurance and Save
There are many ways you can save on your car insurance, but the quickest and easiest way to get the most savings is to compare quotes from multiple agents and choose the cheapest rate. Be sure to compare coverage closely to ensure you are getting all the coverage you need and no additional, unnecessary coverage. This whole process is quick and easy when you use free, online tools. Simply enter your basic information above and you will be contacted by local agents offering you the best coverage for cheap rates. Simple compare and choose the car insurance policy that is best for you. Quickly and easily compare car insurance rates and save today!
What People Have to Say
"With the help of this site, all we had to do was enter our information and we received quotes from car insurance providers incredibly quickly!"
The Matthews Family
State By State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia